Our client is seeking to recruit a vastly experienced personality for the position of Manager, Buyer Power.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating investigation of complaints relating to payment terms, delivery and return of goods, transfer of commercial risks and costs and imposition of other unfavorable terms of trade on suppliers;
- Coordinating compliance by Associations of undertakings with their respective Codes of Practice;
- Coordinating Investigation of complaints of discriminatory, arbitrary or any other unfavorable treatment of private labels versus branded goods;
- Coordinating the gathering, reporting and action taken on intelligence reports on abuse of buyer power in the Kenyan market;
- Reviewing applications for expansions of retail stores and outlets to ensure prudent financial management;
- Initiating the development of Guidelines on prompt payment and Code of Practice by undertakings;
- Implementing Guidelines on prompt payment and Code of Practice by all undertakings;
- Ensuring implementation and achievement of the departmental strategic plan deliverables,
- Carrying out advocacy initiatives on buyer power;
- Mediation of disputes between undertakings regarding supply contracts;
- Liaising with the Legal department in development and implementation of cooperation frameworks with other government agencies;
- Liaising with the Legal department to draft relevant regulations and escalate them as appropriate;
- Initiating the development of work plans and budgets for the Department for approval;
- Spearheading the risk assessment of the department;
- Overseeing the execution of the departmental work plans and budgets;
- Oversee performance management in the department;
- Spearheading risk assessment of the department;
- Mentor and coach departmental staff.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Economics, Law, Business Administration, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Law, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- A minimum period of ten (10) years relevant work experience three (3) years should be in supervisory role;
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable;
- Demonstrated competence in investigation, mediation and litigation process;
- Certificate in Management Course or its equivalent lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Investigations course on evidence collection, analysis and reporting of not less than two weeks;
- Good Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Be proficient in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Clearance from the following statutory bodies is required;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants should download, fill and submit the employment application form below:
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application and detailed CV, indicating current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Send their application and detailed CV with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, current remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees and daytime telephone number to:-
Africa Management Solutions Limited,
Vision Plaza 3rd Floor, Unit 12A, Mombasa Road,
P.O. Box 10639-00100 Nairobi.
Applications should reach us not later than 17.00 hours on Friday 9th November 2018.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. Our client is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women, people with disabilities, the marginalised and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.