Our client is seeking to recruit a vastly experienced personality for the position of Manager, Information Communication Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Forecasting and planning on ICT needs of the Authority;
- Initiating best practices in the management of ICT department;
- Ensuring the availability, capacity, security, stability and performance of the systems and infrastructure in the Authority;
- Managing succession plans of the department;
- Designing and adopting the implementation of information disaster recovery mechanisms for the Authority;
- Recommending training needs for the ICT departmental staff;
- Identifying ICT gaps and developing proposals to mobilize resources;
- Ensuring development, implementation, reviewing of ICT strategies;
- Liaising with other heads of departments on their ICT needs;
- Interpreting ICT regulations, policy and guidelines and cascade to departmental staff;
- Preparing and presenting ICT work plans and budgets;
- Ensuring implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ICT policies and Procedures;
- Spearheading ERM and BCM in the department;
- Managing performance in the department
- Mentoring and coach ICT departmental staff.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Have ten (10) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory role;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Computer Science/Business Information Technology, Telecommunication/ Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Computer Science or any other/ICT or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certification in any of the following CCNA, MCSE/ MCTS/ MCITP/ ITIL/ CCNP/ CEH/ SQL;
- Certification in Microsoft NAV and CRM;
- Knowledge of programming;
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Demonstrate competence in work performance and results.
- Clearance from the following statutory bodies is required;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants should download, fill and submit the employment application form below:
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application and detailed CV, indicating current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Send their application and detailed CV with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, current remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees and daytime telephone number to:-
Africa Management Solutions Limited,
Vision Plaza 3rd Floor, Unit 12A, Mombasa Road,
P.O. Box 10639-00100 Nairobi.
Applications should reach us not later than 17.00 hours on Friday 9th November 2018.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. Our client is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women, people with disabilities, the marginalised and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.