Our client is seeking to recruit a vastly experienced personality for the position of Manager, Supply Chain Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and coordinating Procurement and Supply Management activities in areas of procurement, inventory, disposal of stores and assets in line with Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015;
- Providing advisory/professional opinion on procurement matters to the Accounting officer (DG).
- Advising the Director General on all matters relating to Procurement of Goods, Works and Services;
- Reviewing and developing policies, plans and strategies in the areas of supply chain management;
- Implementing donor and special projects related programs including consultancies;
- Ensuring value-for-money and model cost effective measurement techniques for assessing output, quality delivered by external service providers;
- Ensuring preparation and submission of timely procurement statutory reports including performance reporting;
- Ensuring the implementation of the Annual Procurement Plan of goods, works and Services and inventory management;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the procurement and supply chain function through performance management ;
- Monitoring contracts, to ensure adherence to the terms and conditions of the contracts;
- Coordinating the negotiation process by the evaluation committee and bidder(s), where negotiations are allowed by the Act;
- Ensuring the implementation and achievement of departmental strategic plans deliverables; and
- Mentoring and coach departmental staff.
- A minimum period of ten (10) years relevant work with at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Procurement, Supply Chain Management,Logistics, Business Administration or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Procurement ,Purchasing, Logistics or Supply Chain Management from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:-Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Management Course lasting not less than four(4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing (CIPS);and
- Valid Practicing license from Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Clearance from the following statutory bodies is required;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants should download, fill and submit the employment application form below:
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application and detailed CV, indicating current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Send their application and detailed CV with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, current remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees and daytime telephone number to:-
Africa Management Solutions Limited,
Vision Plaza 3rd Floor, Unit 12A, Mombasa Road,
P.O. Box 10639-00100 Nairobi.
Applications should reach us not later than 17.00 hours on Friday 9th November 2018.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. Our client is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women, people with disabilities, the marginalised and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.