The Mater Misericordiae Hospital is seeking to fill the above position.
Reporting to the Director, Operations & Administration the successful applicants will be responsible for the following responsibilities amongst others:
- Identify the objectives for the catering services in the hospital.
- Specify the responsibilities within the structure of the catering department.
- Ensure catering services produce and provide food that is of good quality, nutritious and well presented.
- Prepare the specifications for the purchasing of all goods required.
- Planning menus in consultation with chefs.
- Hiring, training, supervising and motivating permanent and temporary staff.
- Supervise, direct and control staff in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure Hospitals policies regarding recruitment of staff and employment conditions are fairly applied within the catering department.
- Ensure the accuracy of information used to generate staff remuneration.
- Ensure duty rosters and rotas are maintained to meet service needs.
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and archived
- Maintain and upgrade strict hygiene and sanitation practices and levels.
- Update and compiles new products and menus according to market availability and customer needs.
- Keeping to budgets and maintaining financial and administrative records.
- Device management information reports regarding cost and quality.
- Monitor procedures for audit and feedback of services.
- Develop methods to assess staff time and other resources required to meet hospital standards
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Hospitality Management or Related Course.
- Over 3 year’s managerial experience in similar capacity.
- Good business and commercial acumen.
- Financial, budgeting and stock-taking skills
- Knowledge of food hygiene.
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the requirements listed, please send your application letter and a detailed CV to email@example.com by November 25th 2018.
Indicate on the subject line of the email the position you are applying for.
Mater Misericordiae Hospital does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
Mater is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.