The Mater Misericordiae Hospital is seeking to fill the above position.
Reporting to the Director, Operations & Administration the successful applicants will be responsible for the following responsibilities amongst others:
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Provide input into developing the departmental budget.
- Identify and participate in planning of hospital staffing needs and requirements.
- In collaboration with HR and Talent Development participate in resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments
- Organising for supplies of linen, cleaning materials and consumables, such as soap, etc.
- Controlling supply costs, as well as oversee the laundry and sanitation areas.
- Scheduling staff rotas.
- In liaison with Supply department, overseeing stocktakes in their areas
- Conducts inspections of facilities and recommends repairs and upgrades when needed.
- Ensures compliance with hospital and local environmental regulations.
- Develop mechanisms for quality standards and monitors their implementation.
- Supervise the assistants and outsourced professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity.
- Provide appraisal of staff reporting to this office and organise for continued training including on health and safety procedures.
- Ensuring lost property is kept safely and returned to its owner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Hospitality Management or Related Course.
- Over 3 year’s managerial experience in similar capacity.
- Ability to train on health & safety procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of key safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Excellent reporting skills.
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the requirements listed, please send your application letter and a detailed CV to email@example.com by November 25th 2018.
Indicate on the subject line of the email the position you are applying for.
Mater Misericordiae Hospital does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
Mater is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.