Job Title: Business Development Officer – Microfinance
Salary: 30K – 35K
Our client is a premier microfinance company offering exceptional financial solutions.
They are looking to hire an experienced Business Development officer who will be tasked with marketing, processing and disbursement of loans and ensuring timely collection of the same to ensure healthy portfolio and happy and satisfied customers.
- Develop new business opportunities by proactively marketing for individual loan products to suitable potential clients.
- Interview, visit, analyze and evaluate borrowers and potential borrowers with emphasis on risks and particular focus on credit risk.
- Prepare and make appropriate credit recommendations to the branch credit committee
- Work closely with the entire branch staff to maintain a high degree of customer service levels and focus
- Proactive loan portfolio monitoring and management
- Preparation of performance reports, work plans and activity reports
- Participate in setting up personal productivity targets and work towards achieving them
- Ensure follow-up of defaulters and collection of arrears
- Responsible for record keeping for all clients
- Ensure client retention through excellent customer service
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Business related courses from a recognized institution.
- A minimum grade of C+ (plus) in KCSE
- 2- years’ experience in the financial sector with proven and demonstrable ability to grow portfolio
- Knowledge in Sales and Marketing, credit risk management, credit lending
- CPA is an added advantage
- Proficiency in computers is mandatory
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Clear understanding of microfinance/banking industry is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills with excellent customer service.
- A team player with the drive to improve performance.
- Persuasive with strong recognition skills, self-driven and possess the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
- Aged between 25 and 30 years
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Business Development Officer – Microfinance) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 23rd November 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.