Company: Moko Home + Living
Position: Head of Supply Chain
Location: Mombasa Rd, Nairobi
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank.
Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach.
Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our Head of Supply Chain is responsible for scaling our distribution to reach millions of customers. We’re looking for a self-driven and analytical leader with the ability to lead and grow our operations team and systems toward this goal.
You’ll be excited to solve big problems like developing a hub-and-spoke distribution model for quick, cost-effective delivery to our customer’s homes. You’ll be obsessed with order and efficiency, putting in place the systems needed to organize the work of your team as it expands.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Lead and grow a world-class distribution operation
- Turn a distribution operation that reaches hundreds of thousands of customers into one that reaches millions
- Develop and implement a hub-and-spoke distribution model which delivers the quality and reliability of our retail customers’ dreams
- Grow and streamline our existing nationwide delivery service which serves hundreds of small businesses
- Oversee an increasingly sophisticated warehousing system and ensure seamless operations as our SKUs grow
Develop and lead a high performing team
- Invest in coaching and development of your team, taking advantage of opportunities to grow team members’ responsibilities
- Maintain a high-performance culture, setting ambitious targets and rewarding outstanding accomplishment
Implement and manage systems to effectively tackle increasingly complex work
- Find opportunities to develop and improve systems, delegate responsibilities to enable your team to handle more work with increasing complexity
- Identify and utilize key control points, allowing you to maintain quality and accuracy of the growing activities within your area of responsibility
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
You’ll join the leadership team of one of East Africa’s most successful growth-stage companies, playing a key role in our development into a major enterprise. You’ll learn first-hand how a thriving venture is operated, with opportunity to expand your skills and responsibilities as your team and our company grow.
We believe this distinct and rare experience is the most valuable benefit we offer new leaders who join our team. In addition to this, you’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits package benchmarked against lean mid-sized companies. You’ll also be awarded stock options, allowing you to participate in the value you create as a leader of our team.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You are a strong leader, and you have at least 3 years’ experience managing individuals across different functional areas. You have a proven track record of motivating and developing your direct reports.
- You have an entrepreneurial streak and have drawn energy from working in a young company, start-up environment or other environment of rapid growth and change. You are adaptable to changing requirements and you enjoy working on multiple diverse projects and tasks simultaneously.
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative, you are considered very self-managing and do best in an environment where you are given high-level goals and take initiative to achieve them.
- You are confident in your own ability to perform and inspire others to perform, and you are eager to take on responsibility for a key team within our company. You find the prospect of being rewarded according to your ability to grow a team extremely motivating.
- You have experience developing and implementing management systems within an organization, and value the structure and predictability they bring.
- You possess a strong analytical toolkit, and you frequently apply quantitative analysis to decision-making.
- You have managed key internal and external relationships in another organization and are effective and building and maintaining such relationships independently.
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form, Common Application – All Positions.