Company: Moko Home + Living
Position: Imports Manager
Location: Mombasa Rd, Nairobi
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play.
But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach.
Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our supply chain is at the core of our business, bringing materials from around the world which are ultimately crafted into locally-made furniture adorning homes across Kenya. This role will ensure that our import supply chain grows and develops apace with the company’s product development and manufacturing plans.
The ideal Imports Manager will be able to manage and grow a strategic global supplier network and ensure systems and processes are in place to meet growing procurement needs.
A highly analytical, detail-oriented individual who can scour the globe for the best suppliers while building strong procurement and logistics systems would be a strong fit for this role.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Lead Import Supply Chain Growth and Development
- Ensure import supply chain systems, processes and team capacity are apace with company growth
- Proactively grow the company’s supplier network for key materials to mitigate risk and keep pace with growing demand; identify and attend relevant trade fairs and conduct overseas factory visits
- Keep up-to-date with global market changes relevant to our key product lines
- Develop international sourcing plans to accommodate increasingly complex sales and manufacturing needs
- Effectively identify and troubleshoot problems wherever they may arise along our supply chain and implement effective, lasting solutions
Manage Key Supply Chain Relationships
- Manage relationships with key local and foreign service providers
- Coordinate work with our Mauritius-based global sourcing team
- Oversee key global supplier relationships and support in building new ones
Achieve Efficient Compliance
- Keep abreast with local and global regulatory changes such as those concerning customs and product standards
- Ensure compliance practices are built into our systems in an efficient, streamlined way
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues. Candidates with at least 3 years’ management experience managing a large team preferable.
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing setting (process, chemical, mechanical)
- Technical background a plus
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form, Common Application – All Positions.