Company: Moko Home + Living
Position: Procurement Officer
Location: Mombasa Rd, Nairobi
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank.
Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach.
Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for an individual with an eye for details who is eager to cultivate good relationships with suppliers. The Procurement Officer will work closely with various teams to ensure timely and cost-effective sourcing and inventory management while maintaining high standards of integrity and accountability.
The ideal candidate will support organization-wide efforts in strategic sourcing, information management and relationship building.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
- Sourcing for new suppliers and forecasting price trends and their impact on the business.
- Placing local orders and monitoring delivery dates.
- Processing all paperwork relevant to the purchasing of goods.
- Negotiate with suppliers for discounts/better prices
- Expedite delivery of procured goods and services.
Information & Inventory Management
- Conduct weekly demand planning to determine the needs and requirements for good and services.
- Generate relevant reports for purchasing analysis from the accounting system.
- Sharing/updating daily report on delivery of local purchase.
- Managing local purchases documents and availing this to internal (accounts/operations) in a timely manner.
Compliance and Adherence to Moko Policies and Standards
- Ensuring compliance to Procurement law/Company purchasing guidelines and systems.
- Ensuring compliance with different statutory legislation.
- Ensure that payments are initiated for delivered goods and services which have no issues.
- Reconcile local purchase/supplier payments.
- Build strong and long-term buyer-supplier relationships with key suppliers.
- Create and update Supplier database.
- Creating innovations to improve supply chain management processes
- Attending meetings and trade conferences/shows as required.
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- At least 2 years’ experience in Supply Chain/ Purchasing.
- Quality focus. Just getting the job done is not enough for you. You set high standards and share them with the team.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver on assigned tasks with independence and little supervision
- Adaptable and possess a zeal to learn
- Proactive and possess great communication skills
- Eagerness to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form, Common Application – All Positions.