National Bank of Kenya
Position Title: Database Administrator
Job Ref No. HR/070/2018
Available Positions: One (1)
Reporting to: Head- Infrastructure
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for administering; maintaining, developing and implementing policies and procedures that ensures security and integrity of the Bank’s Oracle databases.
- Create and maintain databases required for development, testing and production usage.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases
- Administration of Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Oracle Exadata/DataGuard and SQL Administration
- Maintain database security, integrity and computing resources to comply with Bank standards.
- Administer all database projects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages & procedures
- Monitoring the performance of the database system and implementing or recommending the required changes to increase the performance and maximum uptime.
- Plan and implement backup and recovery of Bank’s Oracle and SQL databases.
- Storage administration for V7000, DS4700 and Oracle Exadata Storage Cells
- Provide reliable backup services and conduct routine hardware and software audits of AIX servers to ensure compliance to established standards, policies, configuration guidelines, and procedures.
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation in line with Bank policy
- Manage and configure VIO client partitions, devices, V7000 & DS4700 storage.
- Automate tasks involving creation of scripts to run backups and monitor databases.
- Offer 24/7 databases support; provide rapid resolutions to database downtime and escalate issues to line manager & vendor as appropriate
- Demonstrable knowledge on OBIEE & other BI tools.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field
- Three (3) years’ experience in relevant field
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle, backups and recovery scenarios.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Exadata, & DataGuard Administration.
- Oracle Certified Expert/Oracle Certified Master will be an added advantage
- Proven experience on data warehouse management & ETL processes.
- Good communication skills ( oral & written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please CLICK HERE to submit your application online with a detailed CV addressed to the Director Human Resources stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts.