National Bank of Kenya
Position Title: Senior Business Systems Analyst (Oracle e-Business Suite Support Analyst)
Job Ref No. HR/069/2018
Available Positions: One (1)
Reporting to: Manager Banking Systems
Position Scope: The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for supporting and managing the enterprise Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS) products and interfacing applications.
He/she will support the EBS product and associated extensions and customizations which currently consist of Oracle Procurement, i-Procurement, General Ledger, Project Costing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, i-sourcing, HRMs, Taleo, hyperion.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and managing the enterprise Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS) products and interfacing applications.
- Examines business needs / requirements and recommend areas for improvement.
- In some cases performs the functional tasks up to and including application on-line transaction data entry and processing.
- Assists in resolution of issues; logs issues and their resolution in Service Desk system.
- Actively monitor functional support queue and troubleshoots end-user issues to identify root cause as end-user or system error and contacts appropriate personnel or technical support;
- Assists with correcting data errors; creates, maintains application setup documentation; assists users in running system processes such as full procure-to-pay life-cycle, year-end closing processes, data interface imports and exports, and reporting processes.
- Executes functional reporting, create ad hoc reports and/or defines report specifications to meet functional reporting requirements.
- Establishes and enforces application security for Oracle EBS which includes users, menus, and responsibilities; maintains configuration and setup tables in EBS.
- Schedules, facilitates, and/or participates in meetings related to supported enterprise business solutions; acts as a liaison with other staff and individuals, business units, and software vendors.
- Provides ongoing training for users through verbal and written communications, and assist with education of/communication to business units regarding system modifications and its impact to business processes.
- Performs functional quality assurance (QA) testing for assigned modules and assist/coordinate user acceptance (UA) testing.
- May be required to perform UAT testing for system maintenance, enhancement, and upgrades.
- Assists in production release coordination/communication activities with project manager, team members, and internal customers.
- Available for after-hours production release/patch testing and support activities as needed.
- Oracle System Configuration set up and support – Ability to modify existing workflows and create new work flows as per business request.
Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field from an accredited University.
- 2 years’ of experience that includes supporting at least three of the following EBS applications. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Cash Management, Project Costing, I-sourcing, i-procurement, Taleo, HRMs, Hyperion.
- Training and experience in below oracle tools:-
- Oracle SQL
- PL/SQL – ability to understand Oracle seeded PL/SQL program units. Ability to create business solutions within the context of Oracle PL/SQL.
- Oracle Forms and Reports – able to customize EBS program units
- Oracle Forms Personalization
- Oracle Workflow Builder – modify existing workflows or create new ones
- Oracle Application Framework (OAF) – ability to understand Oracle seeded OAF program units.
- Possessing the ability to create business solutions within the context of Oracle OAF would be a plus.
- Sound Knowledge of the underlying Oracle tables, integration points and technology processes are critical to success in this role.
- Vast expert experience in broad range of Oracle tools and technology.
- Must have the aptitude and desire to continually learn about new tools and technology and have the ability to evaluate the best solution for stated problems.
- Must deliver quality, maintaining solutions.
- Must be willing to accept responsibility in new areas and possess the level of technical and analytical skills that will provide successful outcomes to assignments. Assignments could include:
- Additional Oracle E-Business modules or other business systems
- Performing research and analysis of new products and selecting the best alternative
- Developing plan to acquire and implement new products
- Leading others during the implementation of new products and selected solutions.
- Strong knowledge and experience with supporting Oracle EBS modules and other Oracle products.
- Significant experience in EBS Financials in a technical support role.
- Experience with developer-related EBS setup such as creating custom concurrence programs and executables. Defining custom profile options, menus, forms, functions, etc.
- Understanding of basic EBS architecture – Oracle naming and setup conventions, file system layout, server architecture, etc.
- Experience using My Oracle Support OTN and other Oracle-provided support resources.
- Experience in performance drive
- Experience in organisation change initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal , team management and communication skills
- Proficient with computer applications
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please CLICK HERE to submit your application online with a detailed CV addressed to the Director Human Resources stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts.