Our client is a non-profit organization that operates independently by making globalization work for the many, not the few.
They achieve this by helping countries, their people and their governments address some of the most difficult challenges in the world and offer new thinking and new approaches to address some of the most intractable problems that leaders wrestle with today.
They are seeking to recruit a motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in their office:
Reporting to the Country Head, the Programme Assistant is responsible for providing effective and efficient support to ensure smooth administrative and programme delivery. This includes administrative, programme support, logistical and information management.
- Acting as the main contact person during the absence of team members, receiving correspondence, maintaining contacts database, and conducting follows-up on any emergencies as appropriate
- Managing supplier contracts, such as office space, fleet management services, utilities and houses
- Ensuring up to date HR requirements such as work permits, contact details and emergency information
- Providing support for staff visiting the country including pre-arrival security, logistics, visa and new starter requirements e.g. local sim cards, business cards, pre-arrival information
- Liaising with the Head Office to coordinate tasks such as shipment of IT equipment, due diligence checks and signing of contracts
- Supporting team internal and external logistics on meetings and events, travel, coordination with suppliers in line with the TBI travel policy, IAT booking service and L&C due diligence and supplier approval.
- Organizing regular team meetings and conference calls/video-conferences, preparing and distributing documents and ensuring availability of the necessary technical devices
- Supporting the Country Head and team in financial management including preparing requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments; monitoring budget expenditures and maintaining a proper record of budgets and spending
- Supporting procurement of equipment, supplies and services; arranging for equipment maintenance/insurance and maintaining any necessary inventories
- Assisting in the preparation of online team expenses and reporting on monthly petty cash expenditure
- Undertaking basic research and/or drafting tasks as requested including assisting team members in preparing and formatting documents, PowerPoint presentations
- Assisting in the drafting of basic programme documents that is concept notes, budgets and liaising with government counterparts where appropriate
- Supporting relocated staff in housing and maintaining the company managed properties
- Liaising with Regional and HQ staff as required in providing logistical assistance to HQ and Regional staff in Kenya
- Attending programme/project meetings and preparing minutes
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Finance, Logistics, Administration, Accounting or related field from an accredited institution of higher education
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in administrative work; experience in project administrative and financial management or related work is an advantage
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software package, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based systems
- Able to handle financial records and expenses
- Excellent time management skills and able to work without supervision
- Multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating the subject heading “PROGRAMME ASSISTANT” by Tuesday 4th December 2018 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.