Sous Chef / Senior Chef
Tatu City, Kenya
Nova Pioneer is looking for a passionate Chef and a leader who will monitor and lead in the execution of Catering services Operations at our Tatu campuses.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content.
At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school.
Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration.
Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade.
To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
About the role:
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Responsible for the day to day Catering operations at our Tatu Campuses.
- Maintaining oversight over food stores activities including; Requisition, Internal Stock take, Data entry among others.
- Conducting continuous quality training/awareness sessions for the team.
- Hold bi-weekly 1:1 sessions with teammates.
- Facilitating catering functions and trips.
- Overseeing implementation of food safety management system and quality control.
- Duty Rota and Leave Management.
- Staff induction and onboarding of new staff
- Attending school meetings when required.
- Following up on all Maintenance needs.
- Custodian of all Catering records and Documentation.
- Overseeing food service captains.
- Developing the menu.
- Any other duty that will be assigned by the Manager.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Food Safety Knowledge.
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Management.
- 5 Years Hospitality working experience.
- Analytical mind and Problem solving skills.
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you?
If so, then apply Here: https://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/Ef4Dx0HcDc/Sous-ChefSenior-Chef
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage.
The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.