Norwegian Refugee Council
Regional ICT Coordinator – Region Horn of Africa
Ref. No: 3988016119
Job Location: Nairobi
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
The Norwegian Refugee Council’s Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and South Central), Kenya (Dadaab,& Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The Regional office is seeking to recruit Regional ICT Coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating and providing technical ICT support in the East Africa & Yemen Region.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Coordinate the dissemination and implementation of NRC’s global ICT strategy in the region, as well as contributing to its definition and review from a regional and field perspective.
- Provide oversight and compliance checks on the implementation of ICT strategy and policies throughout the country offices in the region.
- Coordinate ICT resources, skills and competence within the region and offer support and advice where and when needed.
- Collect and disseminate ICT-related knowledge and learning within the region and at a global level.
- Work with ICT staff in the region to enable them to provide ICT 1st line support as well as assist with planning, budgeting and procurement as per NRC standards.
- Provide training of ICT staff in region and (when relevant) support the recruitment and/or on-boarding of new ICT staff in region.
- Facilitate synergies and regional efficiencies on ICT procurement, systems and training.
- Participate in global ICT work streams/projects, to identify common global solutions, when relevant.
- Provide hands on support and gap-filling throughout region – travel involved – at the discretion of Regional Office and in line with need.
- Supporting Regional office with launch of digital initiatives
- Supports decision making within the management team by communicating complex technical ideas and problems clearly.Providing the region with relevant technological solutions that assists the office in working more efficiently at the same time saving on costs and time.
- Technology standards within the region are maintained to a high specification by standardizing ICT equipment, software and systems and developing SOPs that ensure adherence to them.
- The connectivity and infrastructure status in all offices is sufficient to support the NRC online resources.
- Accountable for ensuring the use of NRC resources effectively.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Private sector ICT experience
- Proven experience in implementing ICT projects
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in East Africa and Yemen
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract Duration: Until 31st December 2019 with possibility of extension depending on the availability of funding
Salary & Benefits: NRC offers a competitive compensation package
How to Apply
Visit www.nrc.no to apply online.
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: IT (Software), IT (Hardware)
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activity.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
*NRC is an equal opportunity employer with no discrimination in terms of sex, religion, ethnic origin or political affiliation.
Females candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for application: 12/12/2018