Our client, a alternative financial lender, is hiring an Office / Administrative Assistant.
Location: Riverside, Nairobi
Job Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for managing the office, preparing regular reports (e.g. expenses and office budgets) and organizing company records. They will also help the company management and employees when needs arise.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes
- Working with the HR team to apply for employees’ special passes, work permits, investor permits, multi journey visas etc.
- Managing company/office expenses on the company’s expense application Concur
- Ensuring the office’s recurrent office bills (water, electricity) are paid on time
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and trades persons (e.g. electricians)
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation and managing the operations within this budget
- Booking flights for the employees
- Address employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements)
- Filing and keeping track of all the company’s receipts
- Organize and supervise in-house or off-site office activities (renovations, events, parties, conferences etc.)
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Helping the operations team with collecting signatures for the deal legal documents and sending the documents to the lawyers for registration
- Renewal and follow up for all business permits and licenses
- Keeping track of all the office assets and ensuring asset allocation details are well maintained.
- Organize purchase of electronics for the office and new hires
- Assist in on-boarding new hires
- Coordinating office deliveries
- Any other admin roles that may come up from time to time or as maybe directed by management
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Management, Communications or related field.
- More than 3 years proven administrative assistant or office manager experience
- Knowledge of computer systems, office management systems and procedures (MS office, Google suite)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Start-up experience is an added advantage
- A team player with leadership skills
- Can work under minimum supervision
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
Deadline: Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their online application on or before 23rd November 2018
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.