Title: Production Manager – Paints
Gross Salary: 120k – 150k
Benefits: (Accommodation offered for self & family)
Period: 2 Year Contract (renewable based on performance)
Our client is one of the leading manufacturer and supplier of paints in Tanzania.
They seek to hire an experienced Production Manager to oversee the plant and equipment operations of factory operations and monitor QMS/EMS and Safety – documentation and implementation in production related areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Optimize all aspects of the Production Department, Plan and support the team in ensuring maximum utilization of operational staff & equipment.
- Plan for manpower and consumables based on Sales plan and inventory plan .
- Plan,Organise,schedule and control production processes so as to achieve stated targets on production, capacity utilization and productivity.
- Review production on a day to day basis. Ensure that important communications like safety deviations, Quality issues & their analysis are known & understood by all relevant personnel in the departments.
- Review on regular basis with Sales ,Supply chain and Technical so as to resolve issues on inventory, Sale priority, Likely future orders, Formulations,new raw material.
- Carry out Safety Audits of the Department every month as per plan. Close on observations on immediate basis and report.
- Create and build Quality and Cost consciousness amongst the team.
- Do Root Cause Analysis for cases and put corrective and preventive actions. Monitor for compliance. Keep record for review.
- Identify and propose Capital investment plans for the Department so as to debottleneck the operations for production, Safety, quality and achieve higher productivity
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a Degree in Engineering (Industrial), Mechanical engineering or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience as a production manager in a partly automated setup
- Good at providing innovative solutions to problems in production
- Experience in a Paint company is preferred.
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to learn, with a positive attitude and proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to ERP systems and Microsoft Office
- Experience in successfully maintaining cohesive work teams in a dynamic environment
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Production Manager -Paints) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 22nd November 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted