Job Title: Production Supervisor – Paints
Gross Salary: 75K – 85K
Benefits: (Accommodation offered for self & family)
Period: 2 Year Contract (renewable based on experience)
Our client is one of the leading manufacturer and supplier of paints in Tanzania.
They seek to hire an experienced Production Supervisor to ensure production as per the given plan and monitor plant and machine operations of the factory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Optimize all aspects of the Production Department, Plan and support the team in ensuring maximum utilization of operational staff & equipment.
- Plan,Organise,schedule and control production processes so as to achieve stated targets on production, and productivity.
- Review production on a day to day basis. Ensure that important communications and controls are exercised on safety deviations and Quality issues. Control measures are implemented and in place always.
- Implement plant initiatives and objectives in the Department – Safety and Quality Management Systems.
- Be a part of Safety Committee and attend meetings of the Department, ensure that all safety Non conformities, corrective actions, preventive actions etc. are implemented and reviewed within the Department from time to time.
- Assist production Manager to carry out Root Cause Analysis for complaints and Implement corrective actions coming out of customer complaints.
- Review Yield for every batch in production and keep record and report monthly. Devise corrective actions and reduce variances in shop floor stocks.
- Study the trend of Process losses, deviations in Quality, deviations in cycle time, delay in servicing, carry out root cause analysis involving the team and implement corrective actions.. Take required support from Technical and Quality.
- Ensure Zero Customer complaints from production of batches.
- Ensure discipline amongst the workmen and ensure that all SOPs applicable in the shop floor activities are followed. Ensure PPE compliance.
- Attend training to learn and improve on deliverables.
- Review performance of staff and workmen working under you and provide them regular feedback, put in place their development plans and execute plans.
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma / Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 year’s relevant quality inspection activities
- Must have experience working in a paint manufacturing company
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues and manage multiple priorities
- Good reporting skills
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Production Supervisor -Paints) to email@example.com before 22nd November 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted