Parker Randall Eastern Africa is a member firm of Parker Randall International.
We offer professional services in Audit, Tax and Advisory across Africa. The firm is committed to deliver quality services through highly integrated global methodologies and adherence to professional standards.
The Eastern Africa Practice has its regional office in Nairobi, Kenya.
We seek to recruit for the position of a Senior Associate – Corporate Governance and Secretarial Services, based at our Nairobi office.
- Advising on the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies for our clientele;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action for our clientele;
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure a company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements;
- Researching, anticipating and guarding companies against legal risks;
- Interpreting laws, rulings and regulations;
- Preparing and drafting legal documents;
- Undertaking/participating in legal due diligence exercises and legal audits;
- Preparing legal briefs and opinions for clientele;
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Drafting shareholders’ agreements;
- Undertaking company formations and giving advice on business structures;
- Assist in governance assessments and evaluation for clientele,
- Assist in board evaluations for clientele.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law;
- Must be a Certified Public Secretary;
- A minimum of five (4) years’ experience as a Company Secretary in a reputable corporate entity or professional services firm;
- Commercial experience in law is an added advantage;
- Must possess a license to practice law;
- Membership to a Professional body;
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills;
- Administrative and managerial skills;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong team focus;
- Good analytical ability;
- Ability to make key decisions and solve problems;
- Attention to detail.
Send application and resume to email@example.com by 20th December 2018.