Procurement Officer – Kisii (30,000)
The main role of the procurement manager will be to deliver on a group procurement plan, which will include spends consolidation and management of the tender process, leveraging on volumes and expertise.
This position will supervise Stores team within the hospitals.
- Identifying target markets and developing strategies to communicate with them.
- Deliver on the Kenyan strategic procurement initiatives and roll out the procurement plan.
- Develop key processes, procedures and work templates at Hospital level to ensure continuous improvement and adhere to the ISO 9001 principles.
- Foster savings by using the procurement levers such as standardization, optimization, consolidation and outsourcing.
- Assist in building the category management plan.
- Ensure continuous supply of medical supplies whilst minimizing inventory costs.
- Co-ordinate tenders and negotiate with vendors as required.
- Co-ordinate the effective resolution of vendor queries & other finance related issues. Assist in the sourcing of products as required.
- Chair the Group procurement committee.
- Implement the supplier performance management plan; roll out KPIs and report on performance of suppliers.
- Manage price agreements and contracts as required.
- Assist in Oracle system roll out throughout our facilities on the procurement agenda.
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Head of departments
- Other team members
- Relevant suppliers
- Minimum 5 years Procurement experience in a Multinational company
- Procurement exposure in the healthcare or medical devices & pharmaceuticals industries
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, Vlookup but not limited to)
- Demonstrated ability to achieve cost savings
- Proven track records of change management
- Bright autonomous mind
- Social media savvy
- Philosophy of collaboration and teamwork
- Results-oriented personality
- Possessing tolerance for complex
- Ability to lead projects and people to deliver results
- Supervisory skills
Education and professional memberships
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, supply chain, procurement or an equivalent field
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualification
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel, outlook and PowerPoint advanced.
- Computers/ Laptops
If you meet the above qualifications, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating “Procurement Officer” on the subject line on or before 9th November 2018.