Position: Public Relations Specialist
Industry: Transport & Trade
Our client, a leading transport solutions provider with a wide network and vast experience in logistics services that include Air charters (Air Cargo), Road Cargo Transportation, Courier Services, and Clearing & Forwarding is urgently seeking to hire a dynamic and results oriented Public Relations Specialist.
The PR Specialist will be based in Nairobi, Kenya offices and will report to The Corporate Team Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead external communication strategies in line with the company’s business strategy and marketing mission (public relations, media relations and social media)
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to align communication strategy and support PR efforts
- Manage the content development, localization/personalization strategy, schedule, metrics and optimization for an internal and external e-newsletter
- Monitor news media and social media coverage, formulate campaign media reports
- Support events (logistics, materials, run of show, and onsite support)
- Support the implementation of marketing and brand campaigns (develop and execute communication plans)
- Participate in the planning and development of relevant copy for press releases, blogs, media pitches, FAQs, crisis plans, etc.
- Present solutions in times of public relations crisis
- Facilitate the resolution of misinformation and formulate proactive communication with the public (media, social media, etc.)
- Leverage key cultural moments to ensure that PR executions are timely, relevant, and impactful
- Develop a KPI system to better understand what’s working and what’s not
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Support the external relations team with issue management and message development
- Develop and lead a social media strategy (content, publishing, moderation, social listening, analytics, and employee ambassador program)
- Develop and support executive and spokesperson media training
- Support executive leadership team for speaking engagements (briefing packets, messaging, and onsite support)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, or related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience required in communications, media relations, public relations or related field is required.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing PR plans and strategies
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in developing sharp, convincing messages for diverse audiences on complex matters, sometimes with significant scientific content is required.
- Ability to work independently, be self-driven and maintain communications with the management and staff while working from various locations is required.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.