This 3 months research study is seeking 2 full-time study nurse at Kenyatta National Hospital.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Recruit and enroll participants into the study
- Obtain informed consent from research participants
- Collect specimen (rectal and vaginal swabs) as per approved Standard Operating Procedures
- Enter participant data into a digital questionnaire on REDCap
- Do a follow up on the recruited participants; collect specimen (rectal swabs) once a week until the neonate is discharged
- Submit summaries of recruitment and enrollment into the study to the study coordinator
- Co-ordinate with study laboratory team on timely delivery of samples
- Brief the PI and rest of study staff as will be agreed
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
- Registered Nurse/Higher Diploma in nursing
- Excellent computer skills
- Past research experience dealing with maternal and child health: At least 3 months
- Excellent communication skills
- Language skills: fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Team player with ability to work closely with other study staff at the site
All applications are due not later than 27th November 2018.
Please send your application and attach your CV and testimonials as an attachment to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The study will commence on 7th January 2019.