Job Vacancy: Intern – Fabrication
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
Job Statement: The Fabrication Intern will assist in formulating pre commissioning and commissioning processes and procedures for a new, fully-automated precast concrete plant.
A typical day for you at Sanergy will include:
- Assist Process Engineers in design, purchase and commissioning of new equipment
- Draft new equipment specifications (URS) and acceptance testing (FAT, SAT)
- Develop quality documents and SOP’s to commission the facility and equipment
- Develop Installation, Operational and Performance Qualification protocols ( IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Conduct FMEA’s and Risk assessment
- Develop maintenance schedules for facility and equipment
- Source for spare parts and maintenance vendors
Skills and qualifications you’ll need:
- An Engineering degree in either Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Gear systems
- Knowledge of motors, actuators & sensors
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated capability to analyze systems efficiently and rapidly
- Ability to look beyond the most obvious solution to provide engineering designs that are safe, practical, reliable, and cost effective
- A proactive attitude, with a willingness to get involved and learn by doing
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
Clearly indicating your available start state, your resume/CV and cover letter by 10th December, 2018.
While the Sanergy Fellows are not provided monetary compensation, the experience gleaned from their time at Sanergy will benefit them for many years to come.
We are looking for a fellow with the desire, determination and energy to spend at least 3 months in East Africa pushing the frontiers of innovation. Join us!