Senior Credit Controller – East Africa
An opportunity exists within our Finance Division for the role of Senior Credit Controller to be based in Nairobi, Kenya and part of the East Africa Finance team.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems.
We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
Job Purpose: To manage credit control as per company policies and procedure and meet KPI as set by the management. Keep a close watch on outstanding payments and follow up with Business units and partners, provide risk information to the management in order to take necessary action plan. Present the scenarios of risk and bring to the attention of Business & CFO.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Credit Control Polices and Procedure set by the company
- Follow up with customer credits, & timely dispatch of Statement of Account.
- Better view of the dues and over dues per Country.
- Reduction of the over dues through better collection despite tough context
- Analysis of delays of collections and over dues
- LC follow-up and monitoring / Negotiations /amendments through better relations with banks.
- Playing a key role in coordination between Banks-Customers-Business to minimize the risks
- Development process and procedure documentation.
- Formalize a monthly scoreboard per Country/Customer for: Receivables/Day Sales out/Efficiency Recovery Index
- Maintain comprehensive monthly a reconciliation of customer accounts
- Resolve customer’s queries on a monthly/daily basis
- Follow up on overdue accounts
- Monthly collection of cash
- Liaise with Internal Departments regarding queries
- Customer visits as and when required
- Ensure that payments and credit notes is allocated correctly
- Reconciling of accounts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business related
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya
- National Diploma in Credit Management will be advantageous
- At least 5 -7 years credit control experience in large and/or multinational companies
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer Literacy – SAP & MS Office is essential
- Exposure to manufacturing processes/projects would be needed.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.