Job Profile: Security Manager – Kenya
One of the well establish global supply chain with demonstrated leadership in food and agricultural produce is looking for a committed highly qualified Security Manager to provide leadership on security matters regarding its activities, personnel , assets and stakeholders throughout the country.
Job Purpose: The overarching purpose is to provide a coordinated and comprehensive threat-driven security risk management service of the highest quality, ensuring that risks to company personnel, assets and business operations/activities are properly identified, evaluated and countered in a timely and cost effective manner.
Key Result Areas
- Leads the determination of threats and plan of action for physical security of all employees, facilities, products, intellectual property and other assets to deter theft, fraud, product tampering, espionage, sabotage, workplace violence, vandalism and misconduct.
- Ensures training of employees and third party security guards.
- Evaluates the performance of third party security firms and implements continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensures the Key Control Record is up to date and locks changed as per procedure.
- Inspects daily security records, signs off and develops action plans to address gaps.
- Conducts security tours, clean desk policy walkthroughs, and reports the findings.
- Oversees the blind sampling program.
- Ensures weighbridge cross-checks are conducted as per the policy.
- Acts as the point of contact with security agents and law enforcement on matters affecting the Company that are criminal in nature.
- Responsible for the collection and gathering of intelligence from internal organisation sources and external sources using various intelligence solutions.
- Responsible for the development of local policies in collaboration with Global Security as well as develop security intelligence programs to include assessment of risks and threats to the Company.
- Responsible for analysis of the intelligence gathered and creates communications at the appropriate level for management, location management, employees and department members as appropriate and communicates the information on a timely basis.
- Reports matters of law breakage against the Company by staff or third parties.
- Conduct investigations and ensure any culprits breaking the law to the detriment of the Company are arrested promptly following due process.
- Secures and safeguards evidence in case of security incidences.
- Represents the Company on matters with the local police and security agencies.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Degree in Forensic Science and Criminal Investigations with experience in a similar role
- Undergone Kenya police or military training
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and service providers.
- Computer literate
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in forensic work or related field
- Current Certificate of Good Conduct
- Membership to professional associations
- Access to country / location security reports
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills allowing effective trust relationships
- Problem Solving And Decision Making
- Ability to produce timely, accurate, detailed and concise written and verbal reports and reviews.
- Engaging & Networking
- Leading and Inspiring Others
- Strong analytical skills in security risk management and business continuity planning
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com by 23rd November 2018 (5pm East African Time)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.