Job Vacancy: Seed Production Coordinator
Location: Nakuru, Kenya
One of the well establish global supply chain with demonstrated leadership in food and agricultural produce is looking for a committed highly qualified Seed Production Coordinator to provide leadership on quality seed production as per the set targets.
Job Purpose: To support and manage the seed market customers by providing best in class service through leading a dynamic team and overseeing the seed production process on a day to day basis to ensure production targets are met.
Key Result Areas
KRA 1: Operational Excellence
- Supervises daily operations of the seed process to achieve production targets.
- Identifies risks and bottlenecks and recommends areas of improvement and innovation in the seed production process.
- Supports and provides input to best in class seed production practices. Utilizes technical skills and experience to solve problems and recommend operating efficiencies.
- Supports and administers production budget for the seed process, ensuring cost improvements.
- Ensures all production activities are documented and all revenue captured.
- Ensures that seed stock is accounted for and shrink minimized.
- Supports common reliability processes and ensures the reliability culture is foundational to operations (i.e. deploys common reliability processes and metrics; focus on eliminating the root-cause of reliability problems, etc).
KRA 2: Customer Focus & Quality Management
- Liaising with seed customers and making production schedules
- Monitors production outcomes, quantity, and quality to ensure customer specifications and timelines are met.
- Documents quality issues that occur and reviews with the seed production teams to ensure they are addressed; and any complaints are recorded and reported.
- Measures quality performance in areas that impact the customers.
KRA 3: Safety & Risk Management
- Supports Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) experts to implement the most effective approach for complying with corporate safety policies and procedures.
- Implementing controls to mitigate risks (security, financial, safety, etc).
KRA 4: People Management
- Provides coaching to production workers and contractors, including coaching on the organisation’s core values and best practices.
- Supports implementation of department operational/reliability/safety training programs and controls/monitors employee performance records on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Assists on training and on boarding new/transferred employees as well as workforce engagement, recognition, development and coaching. Accountable for training seed production workers.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- University degree (Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Agronomy, Agribusiness, Plant Pathology, Plant Breeding, or related fields).
- 2 years’ experience is seed processing
- ISTA seed analysis certification (an added advantage)
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com by 30th November 2018 (5pm East African Time)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.