Our client, a leading systems integrator, designs and deploys industry-specific technology solutions for asset-intensive industries such as the telecoms, utilities, oil and gas, hospitality and real estate among other market sectors, seeks to recruit a Senior System Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Carry out any reasonable request relating to job scope.
- Production of Construction and O & M, FAT and SAT documentation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Engineering
- 5-7 years of experience in the same position
- Network experience to include WAN, LAN, firewall, network switch technologies and video transmission on IP networks.
- Ability to quickly develop professional and trusted relationships with a variety of cultures and clients.
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly and diligently.
- High level of self-motivation and an ability to work with a high level of initiative and limited supervision, in high pressure situations.
- Strong team player who can communicate, motivate and interact effectively with technical, commercial and clerical team-members.
- Broad knowledge of the following technologies: CCTV (Pelco, Axis, UTC, Avigilon), IP video management software (Milestone), Access control (Lenel, Paxton), public address (TOA, Bosch, BiAMP), Intrusion detection system and general Security system principles and practices.
- Good knowledge of technical infrastructure (Copper and Fiber) and integration technologies to include power, UPS, networking, communications.
- Experience in the design, procurement and application of IT/security solutions/techniques in a commercial and/or law enforcement environment.
To apply, CLICK HERE on or before 22nd November 2018.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.