Job Title: Program Manager
Contract: 2 year Fixed Term Contract (Renewable)
Sightsavers, an international development organization whose mandate is to prevent avoidable blindness and promote the rights of persons with disability seeks to recruit Program Manager for two upcoming projects.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager (SPM), the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of two new DfID-funded programmes; Inclusion Works which focuses on economic empowerment of persons with disabilities through formal employment and Disability Inclusive Development (DID), which focuses on increased equitable access to health services, education and jobs/self-employment for persons with disabilities.
Key Tasks of the Position:
- Establish short and long term program objectives;
- Develop annual work-plans, budgets and work schedules to support implementation of the two programs;
- Develop funding plans to ensure the program’s ongoing delivery and success;
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration among consortium partners and other stakeholders; support the consortium with technical advice and expertise on inclusion;
- Lead on partnership assessment initiatives and develop coherent plan for partner capacity building and support partners in the implementation of the plans and ensuring project monitoring and evaluation on an on-going process
Person Specification / Qualifications:
- A Degree in Social Sciences, or equivalent;
- 5 years’ experience implementing development programmes including in social development, rights and empowerment;
- Experience in/of:
- Designing/managing programmes designed to facilitate inclusion of persons with disabilities and promote their empowerment;
- Using participatory methodologies for planning, evaluation or research;
- Policy and advocacy in social inclusion particularly in relation to disability rights, UNCRPD implementation or social protection;
- Familiarity with international legislation and policies on disability and human rights
- Computer literate, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills; commitment to work and ability to work with minimum supervision;
- A team player, adaptable and able to relate with people from diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
To apply for this post CLICK HERE for a detailed job description and download of the application form.
Please return the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title on the email subject line by 30th November, 2018.
Please do not attach CV or certificates.
We will be contacting short—listed candidates for interview shortly after the closing date.
As an equal opportunities employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Qualified people with disability are particularly encouraged to apply.