Our client aims to ensure that there are policies in place that provide an environment conducive to sustainability and employment creation for companies.
They are seeking to recruit an Social Media Officer to join their team.
Job Purpose: Responsible in the design and implementation of digital media campaigns aligned with the company’s Marketing & Communication plan
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the company’s online marketing plan through the social media channels
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Capture all events (images and video) organized by the company’s or where the company’s is represented and publish them on all the company’s social media platforms.
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers.
- Monitor, listen and respond to the company’s followers on Social media channels
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (i.e: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels and use the most effective to achieve greater impact.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Marketing/Communications/PR
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist for at least 2 years.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrate social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge(Give links to profiles as examples)
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary.
- Possess great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
How to Apply:
Apply Now via our recruitment portal. This will require you to create a profile; in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.
Visit our website for more vacancies.