Area Sales Manager
SunCulture recently closed a round of funding with EDF, one of the world’s largest electric utility companies and a global leader in low-carbon energy (press release).
This exciting deal demonstrates that major power players view the off-grid sector as a future cornerstone of their business.
The Area Sales Representative has the primary responsibility of meeting sales targets through their field sales team.
This role requires the successful individual to build relationships with customers to understand how best to serve them.
- Meet established sales targets through the field sales team.
- Build a strong field sales team by recruiting, motivating and guiding.
- Manage the performance of a target-driven field sales team.
- Shadow sales teams in the field to better understand and identify solutions to challenges faced in terms of converting leads.
- Advise the Head of Sales on market intelligence and share ideas on how best to action.
- Support field sales agents in pitching to organisations and customer groups.
- Identify means of expanding the customer base in all operational sales areas.
- Ensure that the accuracy of the customer data collected by the field team.
- Provide accurate sales reports that will advise the decisions made by senior management and senior management and support the sales agents.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of sales tools, processes and materials.
Does this sound like you?
- At least 5 years’ direct sales experience.
- Proven experience selling products worth Kshs. 40,000 per unit or more.
- Ability to speak the local language and willingness to visit farms since the position requires close engagement with farmers.
- Excellent communication, listening and negotiations skills.
- Working / worked in a direct sales target driven business.
- Passionate about mentoring and growing sales teams.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experience working in a dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented, delivery focused and willing to learn.
- Experience in solar/ off-grid pump systems not required but would be an advantage.
- Experience working in a start-up not required but would be an advantage.
Please CLICK HERE to apply online.