This job is only open to Kenyan Citizens.
Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for some 265 million passengers and 4.7 million tonnes of air cargo annually on behalf of some 850 client-companies in the aviation sector.
Swissport is active at 315 airports in 50 countries on 5 continents. Swissport Kenya Limited is recruiting for the following position based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Do you believe you have what it takes to lead a team in providing operational excellence? Applications are invited from candidates to fill the positions below. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that operational excellence is delivered without compromising on quality, safety and service delivery.
Team Leader – Seconded to Customer Airline
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff engagement – provide direction and guidance to a team pre, during and post flight towards achieving operational excellence.
- Develop and foster good relations with customers, authorities and industry stakeholders.
- Provision of excellent customer service through various customer touch points i.e. face to face, email and telephone interactions.
- Provision of accurate information to accounts to enable correct billing.
- Team management and resource planning through effective duty allocations.
- Ensure implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure proper reporting of shift operations to the Operations Managers.
- Ensure proper documentation has been generated, checked and confirmed for goods passing through our warehouse.
- Maintain general security of the warehouse in accordance with SCS procedures.
- Observe health & safety measures to ensure and maintain safe working conditions.
- Ensure full compliance to Customer Airline and Regulatory requirements.
- Education: KCSE Mean C, IATA Cargo certification and computer proficiency.
- Professional Experience: At least 3 years’ operations experience in Aviation industry or in a logistics, Clearing and Forwarding, Warehouse or related Field.
- Proven track record in managing teams and operating in a cargo environment is an added advantage.
- Excellent communications skills.
Application letter and CV for the above position should be forwarded via email with the subject line:
Application for Team Leader to: NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501
Swissport Kenya Limited does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to African soil!
Closing Date: December 07, 2018