A professional services firm in Audit & Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Integrated Client Services invites applications from qualified and experienced individuals for the position of Tax Senior.
The position will be based in Nairobi and will report to the Tax Manager.
Job Purpose: This position serves as a technical advisor, ensuring that clients’ and KRA tax matters are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that tax engagements are undertaken to the right quality and within required timelines;
- Undertake various assignments, notably:
- Preparation of tax opinions;
- Resolving tax disputes and handling KRA audits;
- Preparation of transfer pricing documentation and international tax advisory;
- Making various applications for rulings and refunds and ensuring the same are brought to a timely conclusion;
- Tax due diligence and transaction structuring advise;
- Tax health checks;
- Providing advise on and handling customs matters;
- Customs advisory;
- Prompt handling and follow-up of client and KRA communication;
- Explain complicated tax legislation to clients in simple terms;
- Continuously research, analyse and interpret changes in tax legislation;
- Prepare briefs on current tax developments and changes in tax legislation;
- Record keeping; and
- Any other related duties.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Law, Economics or related discipline.
- CPA (K), ACCA, ACA or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position preferably in a professional firm.
- Thorough knowledge of Kenyan tax laws and practices
- Strong technical skills in tax advisory
- Managerial and organizational skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Research and report-writing skills
How to Apply
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your detailed curriculum vitae in Word or PDF with three (3) professional referees to email@example.com with the job title as the subject heading.
In addition to your CV, prepare and send an article on any emerging tax issue that affects businesses in Kenya (maximum two pages). The font should be Arial 11 with line spacing: multiple 1.15.
Do not attach copies of certificates/ testimonials.
Include your current and expected remuneration package.
The deadline for submission of applications is Saturday 17 November 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The firm is an equal opportunity employer.