Urgent Job Re-advertisement: Workshop Supervisor
Gross Salary: Kshs 60,000
Trident Plumbers Limited is a Private Limited Company, established in the 1990 and incorporated in the year 2003. It is registered with the Ministry of Public Works and is a member of Kenya Association of Public and Civil Engineering Contractors (KABSEC).
Its business scope includes Plumbing , Sanitary ware Installation, Drainage, Firefighting System installation, Installation of Boilers, Sprinkler systems, ventilation systems, Air conditioning systems and Regular Service maintenance. We are looking to hire and an experienced Workshop Manager with steel fabrication background.
Job Summary: The Workshop manager will manage all aspects of the Fabrication Workshop and its team, ensuring that fabricated items are manufactured to the highest quality, and delivered on Site to meet installation programs and deadlines. It is expected that the workshop Manager will work closely with, and become a key member of Astral Steel Division Team
- Responsible for leading and organizing the entire steel fabrication activities to ensure overall quality of the final products and timely release within contractual delivery time.
- Review the scope of works, drawings and establish production objectives, standards and production schedules to ensure quality, timely delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Ensuring optimal use of resources labour, materials & machines. In addition, oversee scheduling of administrative functions needed to support steel workshops operations.
- To co-ordinate the fabrication activities and troubleshoot problems at Fabrication Workshop, and to ensure the work is executed to the clients Specifications.
- Must remain with the status of projects including fabrication process, schedule, resource needs and execution issues.
- Ensure consistent implementation and utilization of good fabrication strategies, practices and process.
- Will focus on project schedules, project risk issues, direct and indirect cost estimates.
- Review the prevailing system, identify the shortfalls and establish/ maintain appropriate system for measuring necessary aspects of workshop management and improvement.
- Monitor, measure and report on workshop related issues/development plans / achievements within timescales.
- Ensure strict adherence by staff to established safety requirements and maintain compliance.
- Ensures that all established departmental policies, standards, guidelines are being followed by all workshop staff.
- Direct activities in areas of safety and personnel, and ensures compliance with Safety and Quality requirements.
- Establish and maintain workshop production goals and objectives to deliver on business strategy
- Responsible for ensuring that no alcohol and smoking consumption takes place within compound and that an employee who is intoxicated MUST not be allowed to enter and/ or work in the workshop
- Accountable for the custody and maintenance of material records
- B.S. / B.E. degree in Mechanical Engineering/Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years and above experience in workshop management and fabrication
- Experience in steel industry an added advantage.
- Candidates with strong personality, leadership qualities, team spirit and an ability to deliver results under demanding circumstances.
All qualified candidates are required to send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th November 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.