Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Mombasa County
Employment Status/ Type: Permanent
Position Reporting to: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Purpose / Summary: Maintenance technicians will be responsible for tasks related with plant network maintenance on both HFC and GPON networks, including preventive plant maintenance with necessary record keeping and location/repair of equipment/plant failures.
There will be some limited service work with customer maintenance calls.
1) Must have a valid Motor Vehicle driving license.
2) Operates equipment such as hydraulic aerial lifts (buckets) and ladders
3) Perform construction and maintenance works such as digging holes, placing poles, placing cable. Unreel, pull and string wire strand and cable from pole to pole, pole to buildings including associated equipment and hardware
4) Repair or restore service during any outage while observing and respecting the SLAs, advising NOC on the causes of the outage and estimated times to repair including the possible solution.
5) Perform preventive maintenance tasks on the network, including among others Coax and Optical Fiber cables installation, removal, lashing, HFC passive equipment installation/removal and repair, HFC active equipment installation, removal and repair
6) Work with tools, equipment and cable that may be heavy which will have to be loaded and unloaded from company vehicle, moved or rearranged
7) Perform preventive maintenance on forward and return path of Coax cable television distribution network, signal measuring on Coax and Optical Fiber networks, network patrol, network and equipment audit
8) Track and repair signal interferences our signal leakages on the network in coordination with NOC teams
9) Prepare and splice both coax and fiber optic cable
10) Maintain cable system power supplies, including battery banks measurements and replacement
11) Address maintenance tasks escalated from subscriber technical teams, including assessing and resolving signal level issues
12) Produce and maintain all records related with assigned tasks
13) Respond to customer inquiries about products, work operations, etc. during field contacts.
14) Report any issues, problems or recommendations to the Maintenance Supervisor in order to maintain the integrity and performance of the service
Key Performance Indicators:
Compliance on Time to Repair SLA’s as defined by the company policies
- All outages to be resolved within the defined SLA (Critical, Major and Minor). i.e. Power, Coax and fiber cut, and FEC and Noise
- Proactively escalate issues of concern to supervisor or relevant authorities timely and accurately
- Display teamwork and contribute to overall team performance.
- Continuously improve skills through self-training on relevant areas, 2 major skills per.
- Ensure all allocated tools and equipment are in safe and good condition. Report any for replacement or calibration.
- Observe set out compliance health, safety and environment guidelines.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Telecommunications
- 3 years experience and knowledge of HFC and GPON Networks
- Self motivated
- Team Player
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to email@example.com on or before 13th November 2018.
The subject line Maintenance Technician Nairobi or Maintenance Technician Mombasa.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.