Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Power Engineer – Team Leader
Location: Gateway Park
Employment Status / Type: Permanent
Position Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Manages Others: Yes
Titles & Number of Positions Managed: 2
Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to the Wananchi Group Head of Engineering, the Power Engineer – Team leader will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within data centres, hubs and the nodes. Manage the facilities power engineers within WGK group.
- Generate the power budget of all the facilities e.g. Data Centre, Offices, and Hubs and advice the management on the best practice on power related issues.
- Leading the Wananchi Group Facilities Power Engineers to manage the operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical and HVAC equipment within data centres & Hubs. These include mains power systems, generators, UPS’s, air-conditioning, cabling and racks management etc. Thus ensuring:
- The maintenance in good-working condition of all electrical, mechanical and HVAC facilities equipment in the Wananchi Group Core Network on an ongoing basis
- The regularly schedule servicing of all electrical, mechanical and HVAC facilities and equipment in the Wananchi Group Network.
- The prompt repair of any failed or degraded electrical equipment at all times including being on-call 24/7/365.
- Keeping track of fuel delivery, consumption and maintaining minimum levels to avoid any shutdown due to lack of fuel.
- Have a proper management of facilities contractors and vendors.
- Maintain up to date as built diagrams and documentation of all the electrical mechanical and HVAC facilities and equipment in the Wananchi Group Network.
- Will be the lead manager in all power projects undertaken by Wananchi group.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Compliance on Time to Repair SLA’s as defined by the company policies
- Maintain 99.99% power uptime on all facilities.
- Timely maintenance schedule of generators, UPSs, and ACs.
- Meet the defined SLA on Mean Time to Repair on all tickets raised by NOC.
- Meet SLA on all new installations within the Data Centre, Hubs, and Offices.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors / Masters Degrees in Electrical Engineering with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Valid Driver’s license
- Good mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Ability to work with various hand and power tools.
- Be in good physical condition and possess sufficient strength and agility required to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions
- Reasonable knowledge of the necessary safety precautions to be taken in working on power systems.
- Strong understanding of electronic theory related to telecommunications industry
- Five years’ experience in power critical facilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to email@example.com on or before 30th November 2018.
The subject line should be “Power Engineer – Team Leader”.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.