Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Technical Support Manager
Department: Customer Experience
Employment Status: Full-time
Position Reporting to: Director, Customer Experience
Managing Others: Yes
- Service Support B2C – 11
- Service Support B2B – 11
Job Purpose / Summary: Responsible for the service support of network management related to all customer problems and claims.
Based on a continuous improvement approach the Technical Support Manager by self and team will oversee the overall performance of the B2C & B2B customer problem capture and resolution processes within Wananchi Group, assuring that the different stakeholders:
- Know and recognize their process defects
- Solve them duly in time & quality
- Implement action plans to prevent them.
- Service recovery for individual customer and customer base
- Data Analysis, Reporting and Feedback
- Spearheading policy creations to ensure Customer Excellence and retention
- Process Improvements
- Collaborating and Business Support
- Training and Team Leadership.
1. Manage customer complaints/problems by taking ownership and assuring resolution in a timely manner as well as ensuring that customers are advised of the most appropriate delivery channels to meet their needs.
2. Daily monitoring and reporting on the intake of B2C & B2B customer problem by type, root cause, SLA compliance, average closing time and average pending time.
3. Ensure the smooth every day running of the Service Support team, ensuring that SLAs are met and that quality targets are reached and maintained.
4. Provide root-cause analysis for operational problems to ensure the cause of network faults is properly identified and the correct steps are taken to eliminate re-occurrence of the same problem.
5. Ensure key network performance parameters are monitored by and propose improvements in monitoring to accurately measure the overall performance of the network.
6. Liaise with third-party vendors in the resolution of network equipment faults.
7. Handle first, second or third level escalations from the other team members.
8. Act as the technical lead for Customer experience projects in liaison with Technical team.
9. Outage/degradation detection and notification to relevant teams within the stipulated timelines.
10. Follow-up outages noted thereby creating a ticketing and following up to resolution.
11. Research of trouble spots in the network and systems, raising tickets and follow up.
12. Escalate any unresolved faults and issues as per escalation procedure documents and the SLAs provided.
13. Consistent and proactive monitoring of customer equipment majorly on the HFC, GPON VSAT, WiMAX and Metro networks.
14. Analyse the entry of customer complaints/problems being a member, where applicable of the different inter-functional work groups and improvement teams.
15. Track and monitor the customer problem exceeding the agreed SLA’s and escalate to the required level of management until complete resolution.
16. Assure quality of the solution offered to the B2C & B2B customers, by executing a quality control check.
17. Track and monitor reopened, repeated customer problems, executing a special customer care plan on affected customers, developing actions plans and following up until complete resolution.
18. Agree on challenging performance objectives and measures for the team, providing regular feedback on honest assessment and achievement.
19. Pursue team and personal development to increase effectiveness/efficiency, acknowledging strengths and areas of development as well as share knowledge experience and best practice with other team members.
20. Contribute to product development and improvement through continuous feedback analysis collected from clients.
Experience and Background Required:
- Technical background is required with B.Sc. degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Technology or related field.
- Understanding of HFC, GPON, VSAT, WIMAX, METRO and MPLS networks is an added advantage.
- Good technical troubleshooting skills on DNS, Internet, Telephony, TV, VPN, LAN, WAN, Broadband networks and Enterprise solutions.
- Experience in leading a technical support team, including Call Centre experience
- Experience in managing and driving service improvements while managing multiple stakeholders within a Telco company and contact centre.
- Experience in developing and executing strategic plans
- Strong co-ordination skills with support functions such as training and planning.
- Good Knowledge of advanced IPv4 & IPv6 networks.
- Ability to work with multiple operating systems i.e. MACOSX, Windows and Linux.
- Proficient in common troubleshooting tools such as CACTI & SOLARWINDS.
- Understanding of DOCSIS2, DOCSIS 3, GPON & Routers from different vendors.
- Understanding and experience on CRM, trouble ticketing systems, dispatch procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in reading, analyzing, and interpreting periodical reports, and technical procedures.
- Experience in writing reports. Proficient in MS Office – specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
Other Desirable Qualities:
- Planning and organization skills with focus to delivering desired results
- Ability to project a positive image for him/ herself and the company.
- Good team player with a commitment to value based leadership.
- Credibility and flexibility to deal with people at a variety of levels.
- Highly adaptable and versatile; and ability to create good and strong work ties cross departmentally
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work unsupervised in any environment.
- Ability to motivate staff through leadership and handle high stress environment positively.
- Committed to quality, customer service, equal opportunities and diversity, best practice and best value
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29th November 2018.
The subject line should be “Technical Support Manager”.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.