Windle International – Kenya (WIK)
Position Title: Finance Officer (FO)
Contract term: Full-time, 12 months contract with possibility of extension
Windle International – Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced.
We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Turkana North, Dadaab Refugee Camp and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
Windle International – Kenya wishes to recruit for the position of a Finance Officer.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Finance Officer (FO) is responsible for provision of the support services and the full spectrum of financial management and accounting. The FO will provide multi-faceted services on finance, administration, procurement, and logistics requirements.
Some of the key responsibilities include;
- Ensure financial systems and procedures are in place and followed in accordance with internal policies
- Consolidation of accounts and preparation of quarterly financial reports.
- Timely Update of financial records and general ledger,
- Prepare payment vouchers and assist in preparation of financial reports.
- Ensure clear internal audit trails, external audit support, be involved in budgeting, development of account systems and procedures,
- Safe custody of all financial data and maintenance of fixed assets register.
- A Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance option) or Bachelor of Business Administration from a recognized university
- A holder of CPA III (K) or ACCA final
- Must be a member of a professional body (ICPAK/ACCA) and of good standing
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is a must
- 3 years financial/accounting experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel software
- Good interpersonal skills
- High levels of Integrity, patience, cross cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your résumé with a covering letter quoting reference number 35/18
Human Resource Department,
Windle International – Kenya,
P O Box 40521-00100
on or before Monday 19th November 2018.
All application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and this document clearly bear the applicant’s names.
WIK is an equal opportunity employer.
We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.