Windle International – Kenya (WIK)
Position Title: ICT Officer (2 positions)
Location: One in Dadaab and One in Kakuma
Contract term: 7 Months contract with possibility for extension
Windle International – Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a humanitarian organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced.
Windle International Kenya (WIK) and its partner World University Service of Canada (WUSC) are implementing the Strengthening inclusive learning environments (Shule) Project, with funding from the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM).
The goal of the Shule Project is to strengthen the quality of education provision for refugee girls in Northern Kenya to improve transition outcomes, particularly for girls with special needs and over-aged learners.
In order to achieve this objective, the project will:
- Increase access to extracurricular academic support programs for vulnerable refugee girls in upper primary, particularly girls with special needs and over-aged learners
- Enhance ability of teachers to deliver high-quality education using gender-responsive pedagogy and inclusive teaching methods
- Improve the accessibility of digital teaching and learning materials for secondary school students and teachers
The project works in Kakuma and Dadaab Refugee Camps and the surrounding host communities.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The ICT Officer will be responsible for ongoing support on installation and maintenance of equipment for the project.
S/He will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the process of equipping the computer laboratories for successful delivery of online modules
- Provision of relevant digitized curriculum content to targeted secondary schools in liaison with project staff
- Ensuring timely procurement of required equipment to target schools and promotion of the adoption of ICT in curriculum implementation in schools.
- Installing and maintaining hardware, software and networks necessary for successful implementation of the project
- Ensuring networks are running efficiently and effectively
- Managing computer resources by maintaining an up to date IT register
- Providing administrative services and technical support for all networked workstations
- Ensuring all users adhere to network security standards
- Participating in engagements with partners on connectivity and online platform issues experienced by teachers and providing technical and contextual information for purposes of resolving any challenges experienced.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with LAN, WAN, VSAT technologies
- Mastery of office software (MS Office, MS Excel and PowerPoint)
- Well versed in operating IT equipment
- Excellent planning, analytical, conceptual and organizational skills
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your résumé with a cover letter quoting the position title and reference number on the subject line of your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5.00pm Thursday 15th November 2018.
Clearly indicate the preferred location (Kakuma or Dadaab).
All application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and documents clearly bear the applicant’s names.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Windle International Kenya’s selection processes reflect our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment.
We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse.