An Exciting Opportunity: Chief Librarian
Zetech University is a premier university offering exceptional learning to thousands of students from Kenya and beyond. The University offers programmes in Information Technology, Business, Hospitality and Tourism, Development studies, Communication and Media Studies.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education by promoting excellence in research, integrating innovation and technology in learning with the aim of developing well rounded citizens to impact the social, political and economic world.
The University has experienced positive growth in student enrolment and programme expansion. To support this growth, and in line with our commitment to bring on board qualified, skilled and motivated staff driven by passion for their work and career growth, we are seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of a Chief Librarian.
The successful candidate will be an innovative individual who not only dreams of realizing a dynamic, tech-powered environment but also possesses strong capability in actualizing ideas into actions and results. Individual talent supported by an achievement background shall be a key consideration in the recruitment.
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor- Academics, Research, Extension & Student Affairs, the objective of the position is to provides leadership and direction for the development, delivery, and assessment of the University Libraries’ collection of resources.
For the detailed Job Description, refer to our website via the link careers.zetech.ac.ke.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Masters’ degree in Library and Information studies from a recognized university;
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a Librarian level in a University library;
- Knowledge KOHA, Library accreditation requirements, and online subscription and usage;
- Having registered/is registrable for a PhD is an added advantage;
- Must be familiar with KLISC;
- Passionate about education;
- Good understanding of University procedures and standards;
- Understanding of CUE, ministry and other regulatory body operations, standards and guidelines;
- A motivated self-starter with a positive attitude;
- An effective, hands-on leader capable of working independently and committed to working collaboratively with a range of colleagues from across the university;
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Demonstrate ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast- paced environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address -firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/58 indicating the current and expected salary not later than 28th November 2018.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER