Bible Translation and Literacy
An Opportunity to Serve
BTL, a Christian faith-based organisation, involved in Language Development, Bible Translation, Literacy and Community Development among small language groups in Kenya, is seeking to recruit highly motivated born again Christians with a good Christian standing, demonstrated spiritual maturity, integrity and a calling to serve to fill the positions below.
Serving in our Christian International Conference Center (CICC) Ruiru, The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Head Chef on overall kitchen operations as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
The Sous Chef Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Also assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure consistent, high quality production.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Deputize in the absence of the Head Chef.
2. Assist in selecting, training, supervising and directing staff in the kitchen.
3. Coordinate and participate in the activities of the Kitchen Personnel engaged in preparing and cooking food items to ensure efficient & profitable food service.
4. Direct and participate in creative Menu planning & utilization of food surplus or leftovers.
5. Assist the Head chef in scheduling kitchen staff according to business levels as well as allocation of specific duties.
6. Assist in maintaining inventory; estimate food consumption and purchase/requisition of food and non-food items necessary for kitchen operations.
7. Direct and correct the presentation and portioning of food according to our standards.
8. Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
9. Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipes while maintaining portion
1. Diploma in Culinary Arts from a recognized institution.
2. 3 years’ experience as a Sous Chef or Chef de Parti-Saucier in an environment that offers national and international cuisine
3. Be tech savvy and have a working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
4. Excellent leadership and team building skills.
5. Creative with good initiatives
6. Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and flexible to work in alternate shifts
7. Presentable with excellent customer service skills
8. Good communication skills
9. Knowledge of preparing various cuisines
Applications with a detailed CV, copies of certificates, and three referees (Professional, Social and Church), Office and mobile telephone contacts for both applicant and referees be emailed (preferred) or sent to the address below by Friday 14th December 2018
Human Resource Manager
Bible Translation and Literacy,
P.O Box 44456 – 00100
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted