Butali Sugar Mills Limited
Job Title: Environmental, Health and Safety Compliance Officer
Reports To: Administration Manager
Purpose: To monitor the work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors.
- Collaborating with facility managers to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment
- Collecting samples of dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic and hazardous materials for analysis
- Conducting audits at hazardous waste sites or industrial sites, and participate in hazardous waste site investigations
- Conducting safety training and education programs, and demonstrating the use of safety equipment as well as maintaining and updating emergency response plans and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys, and asbestos management plans as well as medical monitoring programs for employees.
- Inspecting and evaluating workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations and to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, and first-aid supplies
- Investigating accidents and health-related complaints to identify causes and inspect facilities to ensure compliance with public health legislation and regulations as to determine future prevention measures
- Providing new-employee health and safety orientations and developing materials for these presentations.
- Recommending measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials
- Managing environmental issues and ensuring compliance of the same as provided by statutory bodies I,e NEMA,WARMA,DOSH ,Public Health etc
- Coordinating HIV/AIDS program in the organization
- Engaging stakeholders on Environmental and corporate social responsibility matters
- Working hand in hand with human resource department on corporate Social responsibility issues
- Any other duties as assigned by Management
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Sciences / Health and Safety Management or related field
- Certificates in Health and Safety Management/Environmental Impact Assessment will be an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience of relevant experience
- Proficient with office computer applications
- Prior experience guiding others doing similar work
- Well developed report writing skills
- Time management skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
How to Apply
Interested and suitable candidates should forward their applications with copies of academic qualifications,testimonials and professional certificates alongwith a detailed curriculum vitae to reach the undersigned, applications will be received on rolling basis.
Human Resouces Manager
Butali Sugar Mills Limited
P.O Box 1400-50205