The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
The Hospital wishes to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position in our Pharmacy Section:
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing clinical pharmacy service to improve patients’ health outcomes and the efficiency of the Primary Care team by providing direct, accessible and timely medicines expertise.
- To offer drug information to consultants, physicians, nurses, and other users of the hospital
- To participate in the review and update of the Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa, Formulary to enable optimal drug usage
- To serve as an active member and to give professional advice to the Pharmacy Department, Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee, Infection Control,
- Antibiotic Stewardship and other Advisory Committees as appropriate
- Attend doctors rounds in ICU and medical ward
- Conduct face to face and other modes of medication reviews and agree medicines care plans in agreement with patients and carers
- Organize and oversee repeat prescribing, repeat dispensing, electronic prescribing and medication review systems
- Promote a culture of constant improvement and excellence
- Conduct regular clinical audits and other improvement activities
- Prevent, detect, resolve and document medication-related problems and make appropriate evidence-based, patient-centered medication therapy recommendations as part of the interdisciplinary team
- Attending mandatory CMEs, conferences and trainings
- Participating in departmental education activities.
Required qualifications, attributes and experience
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Pharmacy
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position, preferably in a busy hospital set up
- Registered with the Pharmacy & Poisons Board
- Experience with an online prescription system is a plus
- S/he must demonstrate understanding of quality initiatives not limited to JCIA and ISO
- S/he should have strong leadership, people management, negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships and encourage consensus, partnering and networking at all levels.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills in the problem solving process.
- Ability to organize work load and identify priorities appropriately
Candidates are invited to upload a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline of submitting application is on 10th January, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”