Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Reports to the Team Leader
The CSR is responsible for providing professional and quality customer service both internally and externally.
The CSR will be responsible for customer support at the designated touch point: Inbound or Outbound.
Purpose of the role: The CSR must get full understanding of customer’s enquiry and attend to the customer, solving the issues as need be with a focus on overall experience.
a. If the issue is resolved, the CSR ensures that customer is satisfied and confirms the customers contact details.
b. If issue cannot be resolved while on call, it is escalated by the CSR to the Supervisor on shift and followed up through the proper channels until resolution.
c. Customers should be clearly directed/guided on what to do.
d. To upgrade existing customer packages into higher bands through up selling and focus on customer retention at all touch points.
(Using effective communication skills)
- Provide one-stop customer support for all services by responding to customer queries within defined SLAs
- Resolving all complaints, concerns and issues in a timely and diplomatic manner. Conduct activities in a professional manner
- Demonstrate knowledge of service standards or service level agreements.
- Demonstrating knowledge of impact of providing professional service to Customers.
- Understanding the importance and impact of first call resolution (FCR).
- Working with the Supervisor on performance improvement as an individual and with the team as a whole.
- Ensuring complaints/concerns are resolved or escalated in a timely manner.
- Providing timely notifications to management of negative trends, urgency of issue, or extent of required follow up.
- Determining when a problem requires action from higher level of authority.
- Participate in regular team meetings.
- Educate customers about terminology, technology and self-help features and benefits of packages in order to improve customer education and satisfaction.
- Updating client comments, complaints, enquiries and compliments regarding packages & services on all relevant Systems.
- The jobholder will be expected to identify and highlight to the Supervisor, all emerging service issues of general or unique nature; that may require maintenance, upgrade or restructuring of services in order to meet customer needs.
- Resolve customer query on first contact and keep the promise of query/problem resolution for escalated cases.
- Take full ownership of customer cases that and handover unresolved cases at end of day
- Confirm client information and update on existing database.
- Cross sell and/or up sell current packages to clients who have renewed their packages in line with up selling script.
- Enhance customer loyalty and up sell accordingly in line with all and any campaigns run on the platform.
- Actively participate in process improvement meetings as required.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Tertiary or Diploma education from a recognized institution of learning
- Minimum of 2-years experience in customer service.
- Experience in the Satellite Services industry will provide an added advantage
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in any situation.
- Knowledge and experience in reading, analysing, and interpreting customer transactions as well as technical procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office – specifically Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, peers and customers.
- Ability to handle service delivery and service assurance processes and structures in a large telecommunications/media environment.
Skills & Competencies:
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili Language (must be well spoken)
- Good IT literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Knowledge retention
- Attention to detail
- Organization skills
- Calm under pressure
- Self-driven, customer centric and team player.
- Integrity; Certificate of Good Conduct and CRB clearance will be required during the screening process.
Interested and Qualified candidate should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position on the subject line
All applications should reach us by 31st December 2019