Our client Daystar University is a top private Chartered Christian University in Kenya. They now wish to recruit a Vice Chancellor to help spearhead their Vision and Mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Chief steward of the University’s Vision and Mission
- Implementation of the University Strategic Plan
- Overall responsibility for planning, implementation and regular overview of the University’s academic resources and programs;
- Providing effective and efficient management of the University’s assets and facilities including human, financial, administrative, industrial and information management resources;
- Creating an enabling environment for knowledge sharing, effective research and consultancy;
- Ensuring the authentic Christian spirituality and social wellbeing of the university community;
- Ensuring the recruitment of qualified faculty and other personnel;
- Providing leadership for quality assurance;
- Providing leadership for fundraising, marketing, communication and networking with relevant partners and stakeholders;
- Promotion of good governance practices including ethics and integrity;
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Hold a PhD from a recognized university;
- Academician with considerable research and teaching experience of at least 10 years at University level.
- Must have served administratively at the level of Deputy Vice Chancellor or equivalent for at least five (5) years and published papers in refereed journals.
- Mature evangelical Christian with a sterling above reproach reputation of integrity, known for adherence to biblical principles and has evidence of faithful involvement in the local church.
- Excellent leadership, managerial and organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to lead programs. Familiarity with the operations of private universities will have an added advantage;
- Should be an excellent team leader with capacity of identifying and managing internal and external stakeholders of the university while mobilizing and leading effective teams.
- Have a broad understanding of the Financial Management of a University. As well as a capacity for resources mobilization and fundraising.
- Have a track record of fostering partnership with churches and other organizations, nationally, regionally and Internationally.
- Have a track record of resource mobilization for research, scholarships and development;
- Demonstrate an understanding, and be able to promote and enhance the existing and emerging technological innovations for better learning and management of the institutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the trends in Christian Higher Education Internationally.
- Have a capacity to initiate, manage and implement a time bound strategic plan for the benefit of the stakeholders and service provision for the university.
Email a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th December 2018
Ensure you indicate your current or past monthly salary in your cover letter
Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted