Food for the Hungry – Kenya is a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: HIV / AIDs Project Officer
Department: Programs Department
Reports To: Cluster Manager
Application deadline: 11th January 2019
VALUES, VISION, AND PURPOSE
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To spearhead achievement of project goals by working with the government and relevant stakeholders, leading in planning, coordination, implementation, reporting, and supervising of HIV care and treatment within the provided guidelines.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Result #1: Project Implementation
1. Review and update detailed implementation work plan
2. Increase CHVs, peer educators and community awareness on HIV prevention, HIV testing and care services
3. Engage community to enhance disclosure, psychosocial support and adherence and defaulter tracing in the community
4. Conduct support group meetings for PLWHA, children care givers, women and men
5. Capacity build CHVs on HCBC and support them to provide adherence counseling, defaulter tracing and treatment literacy to PLWHA
Key Result#2: Project Monitoring and Reporting
1. Coordinate data collection in line with project needs
2. Prepare and submit quality reports in line with donor and FH guidelines
3. Plan and prepare monitoring visits to health facilities and community units
4. Coordinate and participate in data quality assessments
Key Result #3: collaboration & program budget
1. Hold sensitization, quarterly and semester review meetings with health facilities County officials and other stakeholders
2. Develop and maintain collaboration, networking and partnership with other stakeholders and government line ministries
3. Work with the Cluster manager to oversee correct budget expenditure
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and commitment to serving the poor in line with FH Christian foundation and beliefs
- should be a strong team player and have ability to work with teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with local communities, partners and government authorities.
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
- Proficiency in computer skills is a must
- Proven field based knowledge and experience in HIV and AIDS related program
- Knowledge of Management of HIV&AIDS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- First Degree (Bachelors) in Sociology, Social Work, Community Work, Counseling, Public health or equivalent plus 3 years of NGO Project in HIV field implementation
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: email@example.com by close of business on 11th January 2019.
This is an urgent position and shortlisting will be done as applications are received.
NB: FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY (FH KENYA) DOES NOT SOLICIT ANY TYPE OF PAYMENT FOR JOB APPLICATIONS OR HIRING PROCESSES.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED