Job Title: Head of Supply Chain
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring effectively-functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities
- Ensure timely delivery of goods, works and services using the most appropriate procurement procedures
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery
- Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors that facilitate smooth flow of services to projects
- Implement effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system for projects and related reporting requirements
- Ensure effective use of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Procurement, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and elaboration of improvements in systems and processes
- Manage and monitor all transactional procurement including tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment
- Implement strategic procurement including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and performance measurement
- Ensure timely preparation of procurement plans for projects and monitor their implementation by controlling processes including receipt of requisitions, organization of RFQ, ITB and RFP, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, evaluation and negotiation of contracts.
- Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
- Review financial documents before presentation to finance; LPOs, Payment requests, invoices, delivery notes, Goods received notes and GRNs
- Ensure compliance to stores procedures which include physical check/verification of goods and services received
- Ensure the external stores reports are in agreement with internally generated reports
- Prepare consultancy contracts, ensure compliance to outputs, performance indicators duly achieved, and review payments of the same
- Coordinate tender committee, share in the meetings, review the binding documents, validate the approved suppliers, and participate in the tender sub – committee and provide general direction.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or Social Sciences.
- Diploma in Procurement & Supply from the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS UK) is highly desirable
- Over Five years’ experience in leading a Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Department
- Experience in Procurement, supplies, warehousing and Logistics
- Ability to relate with internal and external customers
- People Management and performance monitoring
- Contract and Supplier Management
- Logistics and Warehousing Management
- Government and tax policies regarding procurement supplies
- Planning and Analytical Skills
- Leadership skills
If you qualify for the above, kindly send your cv to email@example.com on or before 30th December 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.