HELP Logistics Limited is looking for a dynamic, committed, well-educated Education Coordinator to be based in Nairobi to support higher education program development with universities in the East Africa region.
HELP Logistics Ltd
HELP Logistics is a non-profit subsidiary company of the Kuehne Foundation. The Foundation is privately owned and founded in 1976 by the Kuehne family in Switzerland.
HELP Logistics AG has a registered headquarters in Switzerland since 2014 and has sub-offices ¡n Singapore, Amman and Nairobi to support programmes in Asia, Middle East and East Africa respectively.
HELP Logistics Ltd. provides support to the humanitarian and development sector through supply chain optimization analyses, research, training, and education.
Role & Responsibilities
As the Education Coordinator you will deliver and coordinate education activities in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders In various countries across East Africa.
In the area of higher education, you will work closely with universities establishing, reviewing, and supporting taught degree programs at Bachelor and Master level as well as research programs including PhD-funded projects.
You will collaborate with university faculties in the design and delivery of short courses and trainings for logistics professionals at vocational and executive level.
Your role aims to build the capacity of higher education Institutions so they can deliver high-quality degree level and training programs independently in the future, at internationally accepted standards, and for the benefit of regional and country needs related to supply chain management, logistics, and transportation.
- For this role, you should have an academic background and hold a PhD in a management-related discipline.
- You should have 3+ years of higher education experience in teaching and/or administration (e.g. curricula design).
- You should possess proven international experience.
- You should possess strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- You should have a proven ability to design and implement changes in academic processes and structures.
- You should be able to synthesize and analyse information, and formulate and present clear recommendations.
Location: Based in Nairobi, this position will report to the Regional Director East Africa and will be expected to travel up to 60% of the time to support projects in the region.
Qualified candidates should apply with a cover letter; a detailed, up-to-date CV; details of three referees; and their email contacts.
Applications should be addressed to reçruitmentfirstname.lastname@example.org with the subject clearly marked with the respective position to reach us on or before the 14th January 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.