HELP Logistics Limited is looking for a dynamic, committed Project Manager to be based in Nairobi to support its operations in the East Africa region.
HELP Logistics Ltd
HELP Logistics is a non-profit subsidiary company of the Kuehne Foundation. The Foundation is privately owned and founded in 1976 by the Kuehne family in Switzerland. HELP Logistics AG has a registered headquarters in Switzerland since 2014 and has sub-offices in Singapore, Amman and Nairobi to support programmes in Asia, Middle East and East Africa respectively.
HELP Logistics Ltd. provides support to the humanitarian and development sector through supply chain optimization analyses, research, training, and education.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Project Manager, you will conduct consultations on behalf of humanitarian supply chain operators and focus on assessment, analysis and optimization to improve operations.
In this role, you will work with partner organisations to understand and analyse their current situation and identify potential weaknesses and bottlenecks. Based on those findings you will develop, present and implement technical solutions to enhance the partner’s supply chain performance.
You will build capacity in individuals and organisations through technical trainings. To strengthen HELP’s footprint in the region you will support the Regional Director by maintaining existing partnerships and expanding the network of humanitarian partners.
- For this role, you should be educated to degree level; preferably with a master’s degree in supply chain or logistics management.
- You should have 3+ years humanitarian experience in supply chain and logistics, in capacity building programmes and emergency response operations; or 3+ years commercial / private sector experience in supply chain and logistics (in the areas of teaching, consulting and operations).
- You should possess proven experience in technical areas of supply chain management; especially procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management.
- You should possess strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- You should have a proven ability to gather data, analyse and diagnose supply chain and logistics problems.
- You should be able to synthesize and analyse information, and formulate and present clear recommendations.
Location: Based in Nairobi, this position will report to the Regional Director and will be expected to travel up to 60% of the time to support projects in the region.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply with a cover letter; a detailed, up-to-date CV; details of three referees; and their email contacts.
Applications should be addressed to email@example.com with the subject clearly marked with the respective position to reach us on or before the 14th January 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.