ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to till the position of:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Overall Responsibility: The incumbent will be responsible for electrical maintenance, repairs of equipment and infrastructure. He/she organizes, supervises activities for skilled workers as well as maintenance related employees. He/she will performs administrative activities, works independently and establishes inventories.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan and install new power system from any given power point in the premises and offices;
- Repair domestic electrical appliances such as washing machines, cookers, etc.;
- Trouble shooting and carry out electrical repairs on existing structures;
- Prepare, read, interpret designs, drawings, bills of quantities (estimates & costing) and works in progress schedules for all electrical works;
- Organize daily work with the colleagues of the department;
- Assist in supervising the helpers and junior electrician;
- Ensure effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance requests;
- Ensure reports are submitted after every intervention;
- Establish, maintain and ensure safe electrical systems for the delegation and the residences.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Diploma in electrical and electronics engineering or related field;
- Minimum of 5 year experience in a similar function, preferably in an NGO;
- Valid driving licence with class “B,C & E”;
- Computer Literacy;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Knowledge of work security and safety measures;
- Electrical training experience.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 31st December 2018 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via:
The reference Senior Electrician must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.