Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Position: Senior HR Associate – Field Office, Kenya
Reporting To: HR & Administration Manager
Start Date: ASAP (and based on incumbent availability)
Duration: 1-Year Contract (Renewable)
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Role: The Senior HR Associate, under the general supervision of the HR & Admin Manager and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies and procedures, will be responsible for managing the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs in IPA Kenya field offices in coordination with the Nairobi office.
The incumbent will deputize the HR manager and provide day to day administrative support to the HR manager. S/he will perform
the following general duties and responsibilities as needed according to the determination of the Human Resource Manager:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work hand in hand with the Human Resource Manager to regularly update IPAK policies and streamline procedures as needed.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to the organization HR policies and procedures and interpretation of current policies to new staff.
- Support the Human Resource Manager in developing the HR strategies and facilitating the implementation of the same.
- Coordinate and consult with HRM/Senior Management on any disciplinary cases that are reported.
- Assist with the drafting of letters related to disciplinary issues.
- Actively participate in recruitment, selection and interviews for all local hires and provide necessary guidance related to these processes.
- Staff benefits management- Medical, WIBA and other related benefits (including claims resolution, reimbursement process, changes and enrollment and payments of the premiums).
- Preparing, monitoring and renewing of staff contracts.
- Carrying-out induction process (on-boarding) for newly employed staff and the clearing process (offboarding) for outgoing staff including exit interviews.
- Supporting the gathering of all documents related to monthly payroll adjustments, preparation of monthly staff payroll details and making all the appropriate deductions.
- Creating and updating staff details on replicon system.
- Update all leave related days on replicon on monthly basis ensuring that they are up to date.
- Ensure all IPAK staff fill in and submit their timesheets as required on monthly basis as well as making follow ups with supervisors on timesheet approvals.
- Performance Management – Performance planning, evaluation tracking and coordination for all field offices and ensuring all the documents are filed.
- Provide local HR support required in the field offices
- Overseeing the HR department in the absence of the Human Resource Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or any other business-related course.
- Higher diploma in Human Resource Management or its equivalent.
- A Certified Human Resource Professional (with CHRP certificate or currently enrolled) and an active member of the Institute of Human Resource Management.
- At least 5 years solid generalist experience in a busy Human Resource Department.
- Sound leadership skills.
- Proactive with excellent anticipatory skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience in providing remote support is highly desirable.
- Flexible, motivated and ability to persistently complete tasks.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and communicate with various levels of staff.
- Strong work ethic, team player and demonstrated experience in supervising junior staff.
- Well organized and keen to detail.
- Person of high integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Willingness to travel across IPAK field offices in Kenya.
How to Apply
Please CLICK HERE to apply online.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Senior HR Associate-Field Office Kenya. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.