The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
Introduction: The KCCB- Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
It is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following key position in its Catholic Justice and Peace Commission:
Responsible for leading in the design and development of KCCB – CJPC’s Programmes in Governance, Peace Building, Transformative Civic Education, Lenten Campaign and Inter-religious Dialogue.
This entails technical support and ensure resource mobilization, implementation, management, administration, monitoring and evaluation, quality and timely reports to partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in the design, planning and implementation of strategies, agendas and campaigns at KCCB-CJPC to support Governance, Peace Building, Transformative Civic Education Lenten Campaign and Inter-religious Dialogue initiatives and activities.
- Develop programmes and projects that will facilitate KCCB-CJPC initiatives in the identified focus areas of constitutional implementation and civic engagement; accountability and ethical governance; peace and security; transformative civic education, Lenten Campaign and Inter-Religious Dialogue.
- Gather, analyse and prioritize issues of governance at the local, national and global levels that KCCB-CJPC needs to address in accordance to its specific objectives among others.
Resource Mobilization and Fundraising
- In line with the KCCB strategic plan, facilitate the development of a resource mobilization plan for KCCB-CJPC Programmes
- Facilitate the execution of plans for resource mobilization and fundraising including the identification of resource requirements and opportunities for fundraising.
- Mobilize and raise adequate funds to meet the approved annual budget targets of the KCCB-CJPC
Quality Assurance and Learning
- Facilitate research and study on issues of governance Peace Building, Transformative Civic Education, Lenten Campaign and Inter-Religious Dialogue
- Master’s Degree in Development Studies, International Development, Political Science, Project Planning and Management, Law and any other related field of study.
- At least 7 years of relevant management supervisory and technical experience working with programs related to governance, community based peace-building or conflict mitigation
- 5 – 10 years of professional experience in a relevant field, dealing with governance and peace issues. Project Management experience with government, international organization, Faith Based Organization, including managing financial requirements
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, fundraising and writing skills are highly desirable,
- Proven and well-developed relationship skills as well as strong networking skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive and empathetic approach towards partners and local actors
- Flexible, professional with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities
- Experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages at Community, County, National and Regional levels
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and travel to conflict-affected areas
- Strong commitment to diversity – highly recommended
- Trainer of Trainers with experiences in project/program using participatory development tools and community driven approaches;
- Knowledge and experience in Monioring and Evaluation
- Fluency in English language and working knowledge of Kiswahili is crucial.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook requireds
- Must have idea of the Catholic Social Teachings
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to: –
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
Applications must reach us on OR before January 9th 2019